X Factor is planning lots of changes for its next series, including fewer live shows and more double eliminations
Simon Cowell is planning some pretty major changes to The X Factor format for its upcoming series.
The revamp comes after the show, now in its fourteenth year, saw its ratings dip significantly last year.
As reported on Good Morning Britain, the changes are:
- Cutting the ten weeks of live shows down to six.
- Eliminating contestants on both Saturday and Sunday night, with all the acts performing on both nights.
- Bootcamp auditions will take place in front of a live audience.
- Auditions are being in held in Thorpe Park (though we’re not sure how much difference that will make).
- Novelty acts are being discouraged.
Despite all these changes, the judging lineup is reaming the same: Simon Cowell, Sharon Osborne, Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh will all return.
Last year’s X Factor saw Matt Terry crowned the winner over runner up Saara Aalto. His winner’s single, the Ed Sheeran-penned When Christmas Comes Around, reached Number 3 on the Official Singles Chart. Read our latest interview with him here.